Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Food stamps question?

So I applied for govt assistance for the first time ever, and while I was doing the questions I was even more reluctant to do it. So I got the application in and now 2 months later they finally called me back. I was 3 months pregnant at the time I applied working full time making 15.00 an hour but I knew I was going to have to quit I work in manual labor lifting pallets and driving forklifts and my job wasn't going to have it. My bf works too makes 13.50 doing the same thing. When the guy called he asked me why I only put my son (4) and myself on the application and I told him because at the time I was living alone (he owns a house I had an apartment and after leaving my work we moved in together months after the application was filed) I have money saved up so I pay the bills and he pays the mortgage, He told me threes no way someone can have bills with no income, and denied my application. What can I do about this because I know my bf doesn't make too much (brings home about 1700 a month) its 3 of us and I dont work now. He said no because I lied and didn't include everyone but we were not living together at the time I applied. I actually did need the help never asked for a dime from the government and this is how they treat honest people who actually need the help when I see people out and about selling theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment