Friday, July 22, 2011

Should I go to the USAFA?

I am currently a female my late teens and for some reason joining the military is something i always wanted to do. There is something about the Air Force in particular that interests me the most. I love math and science and i definatly enjoy a challenge. Right now im considering going to the Air Force Academy after i graduate from high school, but this is something no one in my family aproves of. They all ask me "why?" and they think that if i join the USAF ill be commiting the biggest mistake of my life. I do not have any "problems" or wish to join simply for money or anything like that. If i honestly could i have the opportunity to go to any other college and i know i have many other career options if i wished. Nothing really caught my attention though. I tried imagining myself pursuing another career and i just cant see it. I dont want to do something 'normal' i want something exciting and risky, and when i learned about the USAFA i have never felt so excited and sure about wanting something. Right now I'm in the JROTC program at my school which is a leadership program based on the military. I love marching and the uniforms. I dont care about the yelling or how tough the basic training will be, but i just want to know from others if anyone has regretted joining the military? You think i should just stick with another career? My siblings constantly try to tell me that the military just try to "Brainwash" people, and that im too bright to fall for something like this. Do you agree? If you have or currently are in the Air Force, what do you think? What about the Air Force Academy? By the way i was thinking that if i join the military, I just want to do something technical. I dont wish to actually get in the war itself. Just thought that can help. So PLEASE what are some opinions on this? Thank you so much!! I will appreciate some opinions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment