Sunday, July 17, 2011

DOT flatbed tiedown rules, can I be forced to drive?

Can a company force a driver to haul flatbed who has no experience, training or clue?? I have an idea of the answer but this is for my new manager who seems ignorant to the fact that any fine or violation will show on MY driver's license. I have 20 years driving experience but only 9 years with van freight. (many years I just moved empty vehicles) Tonight I have no access to a DOT reg book and tomorrow I am supposed to pick up a flatbed truck and load up a 10,000 lb forklift and haul it 60 miles over a rough freeway. I have zero experience in flatbed operations, zero training, and not a clue what the regs say about strap strength or anything. Seems outrageous that I am being expected to do this. I believe I also need to show a log for inspection stops every few miles? As a local driver I have not had to do a log in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment